Editor’s Note: This is will be the last 13 on Thursday post I do. While I have enjoyed writing these posts for you, I think it is time to retire them. Thank you so much for reading them. I will still continue to post on Tuesdays and Fridays.
I am a book talk junkie. After attending what feels likes a billion of them, I have compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions at book talks.
1. Where do you get your ideas?
2. How do you find an agent?
3. Do you have any snacks while writing?
4. How many revisions do you make?
5. What are you going to work on next?
6. Is there going to be a movie?
7. How long did it take you to write?
8. What are your favorite books?
9. What are your thoughts on love triangles?
10. How long did it take you to get published?
11. How many times were you rejected?
12. Do you listen to music while you write?
13. What do you use to write? Pen and paper? Computer?
If you are at a book talk where an awkward silence descends on the room after the moderator asks if there are any questions, feel free to snag one of these.
If you do ask questions, what do you generally ask an author?