The Internet--like love, actually--is all around. So when we thinking of marketing our books or networking with other bookworms, our minds immediately go to social media. Let's put down our phones and step away from our computers to make real-life connections. They are so much richer and won't give you eyestrain. Here are thirteen ways to do it.
1. Go to a book conference.
2. Join a book club.
3. Start a writer's group/workshop.
4. Take writing classes at a local school or writing center.
5. Become a member of a writing/book meetup group.
6. Go to a book reading/signing.
7. Volunteer at a library.
8. Tutor kids in writing.
9. Sell your book at local festivals or markets.
10. Give a book talk/signing at a local bookstore or at a school.
11. Attend bookstore events.
12. Go on local media (i.e. radio) to promote your book.
13. Attend and perform in an open mic night.
Do you know of other ways to make face-to-face connections? Share them in the comments below!